September 29, 2010

Jalepeno or Jalepenyo or howlepenyo

If I had one of those tilde things to put over the 'n' I wouldn't have had to write Jalepenyo. I'm sure you know the right way to pronounce it but for some reason when I wrote Jalepeno it just didn't look right to me. It looked like it would sound like jailapeno. O.k enough with the rambling. Why am I focusing on that word Jalepeno? It's not because of this:


or this:


But because of this:


Jalepeno is another beautiful paint color that we chose for the dining room. Though you might have thought that Jalepeno was green, instead it's another successful hue of orange, by Sherwin Williams.


 There's Mr. Handyman, fixing our gray primer, sunshine orange debacle with the new perfect shade of orange called Jalepeno. 



What do you think? it's perfect right? Isn't that the point of an accent wall, to stand out? My mother said "I don't like that color, it's like the room just abruptly stops". But that can't be the case, it has to be right because this is our second color choice. There's no way we could be wrong again; those darn paint fans!!


Yea, we turned the wall brown soon thereafter. We're pretty sure that this is right. After all, aren't the pops of color suppose to come from the decor and accessories? Even if that's not the official rule, I declare it the new rule of our home lol!


Tatum

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's looking up you 2 are going to lay the house out i love what i see.The front of the house looks really good.I can't wait until the whole house is dne it's going t look amazing.Love you Tatum and Chris Auntie Faye i didn't get a chance to look at every thing it'sgetting late and i'm tired got to get up in the morning but i will check the rest of it.

Laney said...

I love it! You could bring some accent art and color onto that wall using the color of the other walls.

Maybe add a little crown moulding, and a dramatic chandelier?

Unknown said...

Ole! I love it. So, I don't get it . . . did you paint over it? I hope not. I love the orange - and, yes, and accent wall is supposed to stand out. Ok. Let's call it a Focal Wall, lol.

Would love for you to link up to Passion for Paint this weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis