September 26, 2010

I Want A Porch! Part 2

Structural Building Bricks Are Our Friends. At least they became our friends instead of the eyesores that they were.

As you read here we were on a mission to create a seating area and prove to our neighbors that we were in fact people who cared about the look of our home; unlike the jungle keepers that used to live here and created the landscaping below. With winter having passed, most of the crazy brush...


had died:


And we decided to put the red building bricks to work. With their help we began thinking of what type of layout we wanted to create for our own landscaping. We dug up weeds, and we ripped out the two trees along with what seemed like a ton of bushes.

We laid grass seed:




The ground was extremely hard and full of clay that felt like rocks. The neighbors warned us of the challenge we had ahead of us dealing with the soil, but we were determined to make a dent.

 So we watered:


Then we waited.


Tatum

2 comments:

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Hi Tatum,
I'm your NEWEST follower!!! I'd LOVE for you to join me too... and I wish I lived near you to help with your project... I have LOTS I could share with you..."You Family is Beautiful"... and your home is too!!!
Hugs to you,
Donna

Laney said...

Looks good so far. The messy work is no fun, but the pay off is huge.

Can't wait to see the final result.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis