April 17, 2012

Twine Vase

Turning simple glass vases into a little something extra just takes thinking outside of the box. I purchased a couple simple glass vases from goodwill for $.50 and needed to spice them up a bit.

So what did I do, I grabbed my trusty twine, double sided tape, hot glue and got busy!

First thing I did was use my double sided tape to wrap around the vase as a little extra something to hold the twine in place.

Then I started at the very base of the jar, hot glued the twine and began to wrap. With each wrap around you have to make sure that you continue to push the twine close so that there are not any gaps...or at least not many gaps.

And you wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap yes I'm still doing this wrap line and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap.

Once you're all done you have a pretty snazzy vase that is much more interesting than what you started with!

 I even took these two vases that we got from Chris's mother:
And painted them white! The blue was pretty and all but didn't really work in our home.

Very satisfied!

Tatum

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis