January 14, 2011

I'm Free!

Today was my last day at my job as you might have known from reading here and I couldn't be happier. 5 people from my department (Advertising) quit today! Doesn't say much for the organization. The realization that I do not have to go back will probably not hit me until Monday morning, and on that glorious day as I pour that first cup of coffee as a tribute to my freedom from craziness, I will have a moment of silence. As the french vanilla cream mixes with the fresh brewed cup of joy I will reflect on the shackles that kept me in a constant state of misery draining all intellect that I once had. While ever so gently dropping in 2 cubes of sugar I will be reminded of the dread that plagued me for 8 hours a day; and as I nestle onto my sofa, turn on Good Morning America and take that first sip of hot liquid heaven in my Oprah mug that says "Become More Of Yourself", I will smile with the fact that I can better utilize the 8 hours that I once wasted, to focus on more of the things that make me happy and stress free. I will be able to focus on becoming more of myself. Even if only for a short time, because I do intend on getting back into the workforce one day; at least right now, I am not. And today, I am blessed, grateful and HAPPY!

On this eve of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday this quote is appropriate: "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are (I am) free at last"

Tatum

3 comments:

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Hurray for you Tatum!!! I was there once and I remember my Mom working a job like that too, so I know what you feel like... NO NEED TO have to work like that!!! I'm here to support you all the way!!! I'm SO HAPPY for you... Giant Hugs to you, Donna

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} said...

Enjoy your weekend...and you don't have to go back on Monday!! : )

Anonymous said...

Great blog, Tatum! Congrats on getting out of there while you're young. I'm working on my exit strategy from there, too. It's just taken me a little longer - like 15 years!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis