December 15, 2010

Priming The Chalkboard

If you read this post then you know that I have made the decision to turn a free cork board into a magnetic chalkboard. After purchasing the supplies, I taped off the present border with painters tape:





And I began to apply three thin coats of the magnetic primer with a foam sponge which allows for a smoother application:







Once I finished priming it Chris and I went to Lowes to find the perfect molding to frame the board. this is what we decided on:





We purchased two 10 ft planks to adequately make the frame. Here is a closer image of the molding:


Isn't it pretty! I am so eager to get to this part. Once the primer dried the board seemed to be a bit rough so I decided to lightly sand it:



After sanding I applied one final coat of the primer. The next step, chalkboard paint!! Stay tuned!

Tatum

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis