December 17, 2010

Holiday Centerpiece

Though our Christmas tree was up it was imperative that we had some additional elements to make the inside a bit more festive. Naturally being a person that isn't big on spending, I looked around to see what I could work with in my home. Here is what I found!







Christmas ornaments that I purchased a couple years ago on sale from Bed Bath and Beyond, and this!





It's a cone! I purchased two cones in 2008 to make Christmas decorations. With one cone my dad, nephew Camden (who was 3 at the time) and I made this:



It's a peppermint tree! It was a fun way to spend quality time on the holiday. The other cone went unused until now. So the ornaments, cone and this nifty little sewing kit:





along with a bit of ingenuity, created this lovely semi creepy headless Santa tree thing!





Tada! instant centerpiece! (I'm sure you would have thought it was much cuter if I didn't call it a creepy headless Santa thing) But isn't it great? What's better is that I ran out of ornaments...see below...


and had to figure out what to put on top. Enter Santa gift card holder from a year ago...I love clever ideas!



Ahh the joys of the holidays.

Tatum

I'm linking to Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest! and Show And Tell Friday at My Romantic Home  and We Did It Wednesdays at Sew Much Ado

2 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my gosh, this is so sweet!!!!! What a great idea.

My Show n Tell Link - A Jim Shore Find

Do stop by and say 'hi' if you can find time. Have a great week ahead.

Help! Mama Remote... said...

WoW!!!I didn't expect that. That was so creative. I love the pepermint one too. Where did you get the santa jacket? I did the same thing. Found what I had around the house. Those are the best decorations

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis