July 21, 2010

And The "Homework" Begins!

Once we were in we were in. After getting all of our belongings moved into one room we began the process of making our house our home. We started with the walls. We cleaned them as much as we possibly could and shortly thereafter we had to begin fixing the holes. I don't think that Chris had ever done this before but he was definitely up for the challenge. Some areas that looked like this before:


which I believe is the result of ripping a baby gate out of the wall, eventually began to look like this:


 In some cases he used drywall mesh tape. This stuff:


The drywall mesh tape along with some joint compound and we were in business!


Of course it's not the most beautiful wall yet, but the hole is all filled in! After filling in the few large holes in the living room, we had to contend with a bunch of little holes and dents in the living room, dining room and kitchen. Well they weren't quite holes, a more accurate depiction would be how it would look if someone had thrown one hundred marbles against the wall, let me show you:


And as a result we went a little joint compound crazy. Stay tuned to see how work on the walls became kind of fun!

Tatum

2 comments:

The homesteadingcottage said...

Oh my! Looks like you've got a lot of work ahead of you. Isn't joint compound the most magical stuff ever (: I can't wait to see how things progress in your new home. So many things to do, I bet. Just make sure you guys find some time to sleep too (:

Michele
XOXO

Tatum @ Tatum's Take said...

Michelle, it's been crazy! I'm kind of going back in the past with the goal of bringing things up to the present. I would have started this blog a lot sooner if we didn't have so much work ahead of us. Did you get my message about your back splash? I was comment # 35 and I don't know if you're notified when you get new comments. Either way, that was an ingenious idea! I cannot wait to see the final product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis