July 20, 2010

2 Weeks = $60

In case you didn't notice, I didn't shop two weeks ago; I just wasn't feeling it. Well actually I went to Kohls on my lunch break to see what they had that might interest me, but I was so unmotivated by their clothing selection that I just decided to stop looking. That visit was definitely better suited for their home goods section and that is exactly where I moseyed to!

I absolutely love the housewares section of Kohls! There are so many things that I need from there, like throw pillows, vases, artwork, frames!!! Only that's not what I'm supposed to get. I know it's hard to believe but I actually walked away from a beautiful striped green vase that was $11.99, 70% off!!! I know striped green sounds ugly but it was sooo pretty! I stood there and stared at that vase for about 15 minutes trying to convince myself that it's okay to get the vase. What's the big deal? Who cares that I need other things for myself?

Finally I walked away. My mission was set, $30 FOR YOURSELF! So I left. By the next weekend I knew exactly what I needed to get, a purse! More specifically a black purse... Is it just me or doesn't the word purse sound old!? It does sound old! I'll use pocketbook. I have been walking around with a very cute blue purse pocketbook ...oh no that can't be right either! Okay, from this point forward I will use the term handbag. I have been walking around with a really cute blue handbag and at times a very cute orange handbag. The problem with this is that I've been carrying these colored handbags with clothing that didn't quite match. I had told myself, a handbag is a handbag, it serves a purpose. I also told myself the same thing about scarves. They serve a purpose to keep you warm. Only, I didn't realize just how wrong I was until I saw my reflection two winters ago. I was wearing a pink and black skirt, with a black sweater, but I had a scarf on that was striped with blue, brown and cream colors AND matching gloves; and I was holding an orange handbag! I was absolutely shocked! I mean, I look completely stylish and together on most occasions when I'm not wearing these extras, but the moment I get ready to leave the house or the office I look like Rainbow Bright, only the slightly warped version! This is the picture that I had taken of me to send my sister as I was telling her that I truly needed a fashion intervention.

 I blurred the background because this was shortly after we moved into our new house before we made changes. Then again, I don't know why I blurred it, I look just as bad as the background! And look at my shoes! What THE HECK was I thinking!!

Back to present day, long story short...I needed a black handbag, neutrals are very necessary. Enter Kohls for round 2:

 A new black handbag and earrings to boot... $60.48!



Tatum

P.S. note to self, you will never ever look like a deranged Rainbow Bright again no matter what season it is!

3 comments:

Christopher Duckworth said...

Oh man! Blurring that background seemed the bring you forward. You made it worse! HAHA! Well, I liked Rainbow Bright. She can come back anytime.

The homesteadingcottage said...

You are tooooooo funny!! I can totally relate! Some days it's about function..until you see yourself in a store window and realize function can be cute too (:

On the purse/pocketbook/handbag topic...never really thought about it, but handbag is the term of choice now, huh? I say purse...guess I'm old...but when I search online I use the term "handbag." Okay, now you've got me thinking too much (: So glad I found your blog! It inspires me (:

Laura Everyday Edits said...

That is hilarious, but you are too adorable no matter what you are wearing or the backgroud! I am a "dish whore" because I love plates, mugs, salad plates from marshalls, homegoods, kohls.. you name it.. already following you
laura@imnotatrophywife.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis