July 25, 2012

36 Weeks Pregnant!

For prior weeks click here! At 36 weeks baby's heart rate is 160 and my belly is 36 cm. We made some additional purchases for the nursery. As you are already aware we opted to not go with a theme, and just wanted to make sure that the room was bright and colorful. A theme would have certainly been easier as we are not decorators so coming up with a look has been a bit of a challenge. We took a trip to Ikea to look for some frames and a mirror and were fortunate to stumble across a rug that was one of the colors that we wanted to use for the room. This was a big deal, getting that rug gave us a colorful jump start and we'll use that as our guide.
What is kind of annoying about trying to buy baby decor is that everything seems to be pastel. I am so tired of seeing pastel blues and pinks and greens. Why is it so hard to find a nice bright green or a bold pink?? Another thing that is annoying is that it is so hard to find a nice solid color bumper. They either have animals or butterflies on them. I thought about making a bumper but am not certain that I want to go that route. It's really not necessary considering that they are not recommended due to safety hazards, but when the baby is not in the bed they are nice to look at. While out and about the other day we did notice that they have breathable mesh bumpers! They are not thick and fluffy like regular bumpers but they are a safer option...might just go that route! Provided I can find a color that I like...or white even!

During this week we also interviewed our 4th and final pediatritian. This was another doctor at the first facility we went to back in week 27. It was important that we interview the second doctor because they were going to be in a new facility and our experience in their first facility was not a great one. We really loved pediatrician # 4 and their new location is very nice! Out of the 4 doctors total, we've narrowed it down to two. We will have to decide very soon because the little one is on the way!

As far as my progress, I have still been doing well. Ocassionally it is difficult to sleep as my back starts to hurt and it is getting harder and harder to get out of the bed in the middle of the night to go to the ladies room; especially because I am wrapped in my snoogle! Poor Chris has to kind of push me out to give me a jump start. Honestly, coming out of a deep sleep my belly feels heavier and heavier.

What's funny is that I still shock some people who don't know me. They see me from behind and have no clue that I am pregnant until I turn to the side.
But I am definitely pregnant!
 


Sickness: Nope
Cravings: Nope
Weird Dreams: Having baby dreams! Always of a little girl
Emotional: Nope
Movement: Much more violent, doesn't feel so great anymore
Can I still button my pants: Negative!
Maternity clothes needed: Still wearing size large in some shirts, and other than buttoning my jeans still fit
Energy Level: Definitely slowing down, more tired than usual
Swelling anywhere: None, still just my belly
Notable weight gain: Up to 160
New symptoms: Nothing new
 
Tatum

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis