October 25, 2010

Dining Details

Well now that the dining room is coming along, I felt that we needed a few details to make it feel a bit more lived in. Especially because we are still dealing with some very incomplete rooms that you have yet to see, it's imperative that I distract myself from their existence at times.

As you recall the room looked a bit bare:


better, but bare. I knew exactly what I wanted on the wall next, a mirror! I looked several places like Hobby Lobby, Target, and Lowes but could never find that perfect mirror. They were either too narrow, too big or too round. Then I went to the Home Goods store and struck mirror gold, what do you think?


And that weird photo angle...that was on purpose...really.  It gives the photo character lol.

Then I ventured on over to Target to pickup some additional touches like these beautiful place mats:



These Fieldcrest Matlasse window panels:

and these curtain tie backs...or not quite tie backs. I'm sure they have a real name but here they are:

 Oh, holdbacks, that's what they're called

And remember these vase fillers that I bought a while ago:


Well those along with these leafy things:


created quite a nice look.



Well a look that I can accept enough to move on to another room...for now at least :-)

Tatum


I'm linking to French Country Cottage...Go visit her!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Tatum,
    It looks great! Love the colors and thanks for stopping by! Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice message. I am a mirror junkie. I love them and have LOTS. They just add so much to a room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and textures! It looks very rich and cozy :) Thanks for sharing your room!
    Blessings,
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a wonderful job, Tatum! Love the mirror!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very chic and elegant, Tatum!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Tatum! The mirror you chose looks great in your room and your dining room looks very welcoming and elegant- great job!! Thanks so much for joining Feathered Nest Friday and sharing this! Can't wait to see the next room! :)

    ReplyDelete